What’s the saying? When life gives you old bananas, make banana muffins? I’m pretty sure it goes something like that. Well today was a drizzly, cold Spring day and I was in need of some comfort food so I was very happy to find those two neglected bananas in the bottom of the fruit bowl. I hope my recipe makes you as happy as slicing them open, applying a big slab of butter and curling up on the couch with one made me.
Title: Banana Blueberry Muffins
Time: 35 minutes
-1 1/2 cups Flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 bananas, mashed
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1/3 cup oil
-1 cup frozen blueberries (I use Trader Joe’s Wind Maine Blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin or line with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl mix together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add in the frozen blueberries and mix.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to put batter into liners.
- Bake in the over for 18 to 20 minutes until springy when touched.